[GRASS-user] r.horizon and negative tilt

Frank David frank.david at geophom.fr
Mon Jul 30 00:24:56 PDT 2018

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for your message. But what is the ground plane ? r.horizon use
the topography, so nothing is plane (and the earth curvature tends to
lower the ground). I guess as the calculation is done at ground level,
the minimum viewable horizon cannot be lower than zero. The calculation
should be done higher than ground level to "see" negatives horizon.
Never mind I will try to create my own r.horizon with r.transect or
r.profile.
Best regards,
Frank