[GRASS-user] Stream order from existing stream network layer

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue May 1 04:01:09 PDT 2018

Hi Shane,

If your network dataset is directed, you could use:
https://github.com/NINAnor/gudbrand_hydro/blob/master/v.igraph.order.py
to classify the nodes from which you then can generate the outlet vector point map for v.stream.order.

If your network is not directed, you could use v.to.points or v.net to dump the points, add altitude information from a terrain model (v.what.rast), and then extract the lowest points as outlets (requires some SQL).

For more support we would need a bit more information about your data…

Cheers
Stefan