[GRASS-user] create basins of similar area

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 06:34:49 PDT 2019

Hi,

čt 25. 4. 2019 v 20:14 odesílatel Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> napsal:
> Maybe make basins with threshold an order of magnitude smaller. Then merge small areas to get your 4-5 km2 areas. Still not totally sure how this makes sense hydrologically.

right, it doesn't make sense probably from hydrologic point of view.
Let me explain reasoning. My colleagues are working on developing
distributed event-based model for surface and subsurface runoff and
erosion. We are working on experimental version which enables
computation parallelization. In initial phase AOI is split into tiles.
Instead of regular grid of tiles a basin-based tiles are used. This is
reason why basins (defining tiles) should be of similar area size.
Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa