[GRASS-user] v.stream.* questions

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 01:51:12 PDT 2019

Hi Rich,

AFAIK, the tool v.stream.order was developed to work with grass vector
files only (no raster input needed). So, the input needed for
v.stream.order is the vector lines representing the streams (lines must
be connected) and points that define the outlet of each river network
that should be processed. I haven't tested v.stream.order for a while,
so I am not sure if it still works with newer versions of GRASS?!
However, tool comes with a testsuite (see source code) and a working
example based on the NC-dataset to test operability of v.stream.order.

HTH,

Johannes