[GRASS-user] WinGRASS addons partly back

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Sep 4 14:35:07 PDT 2019

SBL wrote
> Hi Helmut,
>
> Did you set the computational region properly?
> Import of data outside the current region is only supported in lat/lon
> locations...
>
> v.in.pygbif -o output=poa_pratensis taxa="Poa pratensis" rank=species
>
> Gave me ~ 11k records for Norway and ~58 k records if I move the region
> 2000k towards south...

-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : WGS 84
datum      : wgs84
ellps      : wgs84
proj       : ll
no_defs    : defined
towgs84    : 0.000,0.000,0.000
-PROJ_EPSG-------------------------------------------------
epsg       : 4326
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : degree
units      : degrees
meters     : 1.0

g.region -p vector=ne_110m_admin_0_countries_germany at gbif
projection: 3 (Längen- und Breitengrad)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      54:58:59.174951N
south:      47:18:08.955713N
west:       5:59:19.169068E
east:       15:01:01.185182E
nsres:      0:57:36.277405
ewres:      1:00:11.335124
rows:       8
cols:       9
cells:      72

v.in.pygbif -o output=poa_pratensis taxa=Poa pratensis rank=species
Found 145951 occurrences for taxon Poa pratensis...

ok, it seems it was a region issue; addon works as expected.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--