[GRASS-user] Debugging a r.gdal import error

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:24:13 PDT 2019

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g180d8982ad7f3f731000197000c9cb9624a57ea50a
>.
> Even xz compressed it's 550MB large. It will be available at that URL for
5
> days.

I used r.in.gdal in=be_45123h5 out=be_45123h5, i.e. the coverage directory
as input (GDAL recognizes this as an AIG/Arc/Info Binary Grid).

The output appears slightly tilted (rotated clockwise), but this is
apparently correct: the data match other elevation data. The topo quad
rectangle is probably a guide whereabouts the DEM should be located. If in
doubt you need to supply the corresponding topo rectangle for testing,
without any modification of course.

The DEM as it is imported into GRASS seems correct. Any rotation will
introduce errors.

Markus M

> The output of gdalinfo -proj4 on the w* file is the same as that in the
> prj.adf file.
>
> My workflow started with creating a new location using the prj.adf file to
> set the projection. Then I applied r.in.gdal to the hdr.adf. Displaying
the
> imported file shows it is slightly rotated clockwise (see attached file
> h5clatsop.png). The other two maps in this topo quad import and display
> correctly (the three can be seen in the attached file,
45123a5_clatsop.png.