[GRASS-user] Debugging a r.gdal import error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 24 13:15:00 PDT 2019

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, Markus Metz wrote:

> I used r.in.gdal in=be_45123h5 out=be_45123h5, i.e. the coverage directory
> as input (GDAL recognizes this as an AIG/Arc/Info Binary Grid).

Markus M,

Interesting. I thought the .adf format was EVIN or Ehdr. Regardless,
r.in.gdal had no problems importing it here, except for the rotation.

> The output appears slightly tilted (rotated clockwise), but this is
> apparently correct: the data match other elevation data. The topo quad
> rectangle is probably a guide whereabouts the DEM should be located. If in
> doubt you need to supply the corresponding topo rectangle for testing,
> without any modification of course.
> The DEM as it is imported into GRASS seems correct. Any rotation will
> introduce errors.

I just re-imported and re-projected the map and it does fit much better than
the first couple of times I did this. Very strange. Adding that one portion
to the basin map (attached) the minor breaks are not visible.

Thanks for prompting me to try again. Now on to the other missing pieces.

Best regards,

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: draft-basin-dem.png
Type: image/png
Size: 302465 bytes
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/attachments/20190924/6975812b/attachment-0001.png>

More information about the grass-user mailing list