[GRASS-user] Error trying to export a database table

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Dec 3 06:18:02 PST 2021

Hi Tom,

Note that if all you want is to create a CSV file from the attribute table, v.db.select can do the job for you. In GRASS 8 it actually has a format parameter that lets you choose CSV explicitly, but even without that you can get a satisfying result.

Moritz

Le 3 décembre 2021 13:48:58 GMT+01:00, Thomas Adams <tea3rd at gmail.com> a écrit :
>Hi Veronica!
>
>Thank you for your response and the information. At least I know that I am
>not doing anything wrong …
>
>Best,
>Tom
>
>On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 6:14 AM Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Tom
>>
>> It is the same error as reported here:
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2021-November/095454.html
>>
>> I have encountered it myself but it's not clear where it comes from. It
>> happens in only one location (an old latlong one) and I can't reproduce
>> with other locations. I use Fedora Linux.
>>
>> Sorry for not being of more help.
>>
>> Vero
>>
>> El jue, 2 dic 2021 a las 19:40, Thomas Adams (<tea3rd at gmail.com>)
>> escribió:
>>
>>> Hi all:
>>>
>>> I'm using GRASS on a Mac:
>>>
>>> GRASS version: 7.8.6dev
>>>
>>> Code revision: 0d636df8f
>>>
>>> Build date: 2021-09-09
>>>
>>> Build platform: x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0
>>>
>>> GDAL: 3.1.4
>>>
>>> PROJ: 7.1.1
>>>
>>> GEOS: 3.8.1
>>>
>>> SQLite: 3.35.4
>>>
>>> Python: 3.8.8
>>>
>>> wxPython: 4.1.1
>>>
>>> Platform: macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit
>>>
>>> I get an error trying to export a database table using…
>>>
>>> db.out.ogr --overwrite input=CEATI_dams_not_RR_gauge_rfc_fcst at teaiii
>>> output=/Users/teaiii/CEATI_dams_not_RR_gauge_rfc_fcst format=CSV