[GRASS-user] Loading LPC data in GRASS

Andreas Yankopolus andreas at yank.to
Wed Mar 24 13:23:08 PDT 2021

Maris,

> r.in.pdal still lacks metadata printing functionality and thus has not been merged into the main branch yet. You can get the code from this PR: https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1200

I switched to that PR with "git-pr 1200”, and the resulting binary has r.in.pdal.

Trying the tutorial in https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/r.in.pdal.html <https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/r.in.pdal.html>, I get the following error message when trying to read a .laz file with r.in.pdal:

	ERROR: The input dataset has undefined projection

I have pdal installed locally and am not using a Docker container for it. What should I be doing differently to load LPC data?

Thanks,

Andreas