[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii syntax help needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 8 13:59:06 PDT 2023

The v.in.ascii manual has an exmple of a standard input file with
elevations. I want to import a rectangle defining the analysis area mask. My
input file has a syntax error and I don't see what it is when I examine the
manual page.

Input file:
L 5 1
2306066.31 224201.00
2307121.58 224201.00
2307121.58 223165.80
2306066.31 223165.80
2306066.31 224401.00

Grass error message:
GRASS Oregon/analysis_area:analyses > v.in.ascii -zn in=$HOME/projects/oregon/northside-rock/data/analysis-area.txt out=anal_mask format=standard columns='x double precision, y double precision,' x=1 y=2 cat=0 --o
WARNING: End of ASCII file reached before end of categories
ERROR: Import failed

If I remove the cat=0 option I trigger the same error.

TIA,

Rich