[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii syntax help needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 9 05:40:21 PDT 2023

On Tue, 9 May 2023, Maris Nartiss wrote:

> On the first row you have specified a line with 5 coordinates and one
> category (L 5 1). You have not provided the last line containing that one
> category. Just add „1 1“ (layer 1, cat 1) as a last row and you should be
> fine.

Māris.

Thank you. I searched the manual page to learn what the first and last lines
in the example meant, but didn't find what they represent.

So, on the top line 'L' means to draw lines, '5' means 5 data rows, and '1'
means one category. And on the bottom line the layer and category number are
defined.

I'll add a recommendation to add these explanations to the manual page on
the bug/feature request web page.

Best regards,

Rich