[GRASSweb-list][RFC]: Web structure

"Fernández-Victorio Arévalo, Gonzalo" GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es
Wed Aug 6 12:25:03 EDT 2003

Well, I probably agree with you, more because, evolution is better
than revolution as general principle.

Anyway, I've been thinking about 1.1.5.x for a time, so I'll try
to post a list of proposed contents rather sooner than later, setting
aside the more revolutionary approach.

> It is a good idea to split users and developers,
> but I don't think we should split testers and documenters out
> to visibly.
> They actually  belong to the developers group.
>
> We could rename developers to "coders".

I was trying to explain that maybe it's scary to offer help, but
people tend to think that "oh, translating. I could do that", or
"writing docs, I think I could explain this little thing".

Ok. In other words: for my it's scary to offer help, but I tend
to think... ;D

But yes, documenters as a category maybe it's too much.

> > 	3.-Related projects
>
> This sections seems to be too elaborate I believe,
> we might not structure it is this detail and use more links.
>

> > Every page should have a menu on the left, up to level 2
> (those marked as
> > x.y.) and a box for search, like current on index.html
> > Directory tree up to level 2. Directory names, short.
>
> I'm for a menu on the right.
> Usually close to the scroll bar and puts more weight on the actual
> content of the page.

I thoght right side was the portion we see easier, so main content
should be there. But, this is just an opinion.

> > Every page on CVS, with no header, two tags, that could be
> replaced to
> > header&menu and footer by a script (maybe using an XML file
> as an index).
>
> Possile, but this preprocessiong script should be simple.

Don't worry. If I were to do it, it couldn't be too elaborate ;D

Regards

Gonzalo