[GRASSweb-list][RFC] GRASS monthly news

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 23 09:03:52 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:38:28PM +0200, "Fernández-Victorio Arévalo, Gonzalo" wrote:

> My intention is to start this now, and to see how it evolves.

> I think this could grow a lot. But first it must born. Even if the first one
> is not very good, it would anyway be a start, and perhaps many people would
> offer to help. And once we reach "critical mass", it's matter of time people
> start sending "serious" articles, to even the point of being a reference.

I agree, feel free to just go ahead.

> Now, going to the detail, Eric's public mail(egm2 at jps.net) is not available
> (does any of you have another and could contact him to explain my plans or
> send me his mail?. Anyway I hope he's ok).

What happends to his email?

> I had thought about the format. I wanted HTML. But I also want plain text to
> post (at least partial) to the lists.

This would also be my line of priorities:
	1. HTML
	2. text
	3. other

> And it's a great idea thinking about PDF and "future".
> I have an idea on how to get the three formats, but until I try it I won't
> know.

If you like DocBook, that has the capabilities in principle,
but also is very complicated.

Usually a lynx -dump will provide a reasonable text version
for a start, so just producing HMTL somehow is getting close.