[GRASSweb-list]Finnish mirror and Grass users group (Fgug)

Juhana Nieminen juhana.nieminen at helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 21 01:20:32 EST 2004

Hello there,

We are building up a new server system here at Helsinki University - to
replace our old mirror site which has had problems the last half year or
so.

Whom should I contact to get tier 1 status? The server we are
configuring has will have the Grass mirror open atleast for Finland and
the other baltic countries, most probably we will keep it open for all.
We are also building a Mapserver site to have our GIS available teaching
materials for preview to student and researchers.

The mirror will be visible atleast from:
ginkgo.ecology.helsinki.fi/grass and grass.ecology.helsinki.fi

Then we have established a Finnish Grass Users Group "FGUG" the
homepages are underway. The goal is to write and translate some critical
GRASS documents into Finnish (to be used in teaching and environmental
NGO's).

best regards from cold Helsinki (-21C this morning)
Juhana N.

--
Department of Forest Resource Management