[GRASS-web] Towards a new GRASS GIS project website

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:17:22 PDT 2019

Dear all,

Here is my email in response to Nik's call for image resources. Note that I
also sent directly to him an email with bunch of images (mentioned below)
which is too large to go to mailing list. The good images may eventually
end up in some gallery. Original email follows.

Graphical resources:

I gave webinar today. You can see the images in context. It is HTML slides.

https://wenzeslaus.github.io/grass-gis-talks/doi2019_grass_gis.html

Or just get the repo with even more images (and slides):

https://github.com/wenzeslaus/grass-gis-talks

This will be mostly low res:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/manual_gallery.html

This will be random with lot of junk but with many valuable photos from
sprints:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NewFiles&offset=&limit=500

I will also forward you an older email with a bunch of images.

Let me know if you have any questions about the content or authorship of
the images.

Content:

I would also like to bring up the idea of targeting different audiences. We
focused a lot of the desktop GIS user in the past, but we would like to get
attention of other groups like e.g. a developer of a cloud service which
just happens to need some advanced spatial analysis. I have sent that
already when we started this conversation. I can elaborate if needed.

Best,
Vaclav