[winGRASS] m.proj fails in wingrass?

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Jun 14 13:06:47 EDT 2001

There is a new X11 version xfree-4.1.0 that has been posted to the
pub/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries/4.1.0 area of the ftp section.  You
will have to use the ncftp program that comes with cygwin to get
them.  The setup.exe (version 1.57) does not get those files on the
download.   However, I just cut a cd with contrib, latest, and xfree
and took it home (where I have 28.8 connect) and the new setup.exe
installs the X11 libes.  Finally!

Plus, my advice to builders of cygwin distribution tar balls is to
rebuild all the support libraries with the new compiler.  That is,
for those libraries that are not supported by Cygwin,  move your
/usr/local area out of the way, rename it, try the build, wait until
it fails, find the library it needs, remake it with the new compiler,
and continue until all of GRASS builds.  This is how I used to make
the WinGrass distribution.  That's why I bundled it as a ZIP files
with the DLLs and the "version" of cygwin binaries.  Everything
was binary compatible.

John Huddleston
CSU PhD student
Civil Engineering