[winGRASS] libG11

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Oct 2 07:35:38 EDT 2001

Hi Markus, Hi all,

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> today I have started to try the new generic windows display
> driver. For my convenience I wrote a short INSTALL-WIN
> file from Mike's hints, in CVS at:
>
> src/display/devices/windows/INSTALL-WIN
>
> I also updated the page:
> http://grass.itc.tt/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/cygwin_grass50compile.html
> (in CVS in doscuments/cygwin_grass50compile.html)

This page is way outdated. I focus on makeing GRASS compile somoothly on
cygwin, so i have no time to update. It is also my impression that we
should distribute winGRASS as a binary, so there is no need to update
the compiling instruction.

> However, I got stuck...  CVS is working (so that I got the latest code),
> GRASS is compiled so far within the Cygwin, but how to compile the
> libG11.dll and the Xdriver properly?
>
> I would be glad if someone could either tell me and/or update the
> new INSTALL-WIN file.

Though i had no time to test, i think you need to follow the
instructions in the INSTALL-WIN file and additionally compile the lib
from src/display/devices/windows/libW11 with the  makefile from there.
This is all the same than on linux ;-) except that a dll is built
instead of an archive or a so. Do a 'make' and copy the dll from the lib
dir over to /usr/local/lib or similar.

HTH,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net