[winGRASS] compiling native windows driver

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Feb 26 10:53:52 EST 2002

Hi,

i got stuck with the compiling of the native windows driver.
I strictly followed the description in
src/display/devices/windows/INSTALL_WIN.
(latest cygwin, W2K SP2, Intel PIII). I edited the head-file like the
description, removed the OBJ.* directories and recompiled (Part 3.a of
INSTALL_WIN). But this dies in function 'use_window':
src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Graph_set.c:165: undefined
reference to 'XScreenNumberOfScreen' (sorry, cut&paste does not work
between Win and Linux).

I am stuck here. What did i overlook? IMHO the description is not
correct, as the paths are always referenced via
`pwd`/bin.i686-pc-cygwin/gmake5, even if the working directory is
somewhere deep in the grass source code.

Do i need the -D__W98__ on Windows 2000/NT ? This is not clear to me.
Has someone successfully compiled on W2K/NT?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.lycos.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net