[winGRASS] compiling native windows driver

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Feb 26 15:45:07 EST 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> if you look into
>
>  http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/
>
> there is a file
>  conf_cygwin.sh
>
> with native windows driver enabled. With that conf.sh file to
> run configure I successfully compiled it.
> Note that the compilation is simplified:
>
>  --enable-w11            use W11 library for Windows X11 emulation
>
> will do everything for you. In fact, the docs need an update.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>  Markus

Hi Markus,

thanks for your answer.
But it does not work. I can compile the sources with the --enable-w11
flag.
The error log notices an error in src/display/devices/XDRIVER (ignored).
But if i run "d.mon start=x0" i get a complaint that libX11.dll is not
found.
I have found:
src/display/devices/windows/libW11/lib/
libG11.dll
libX11.a (no .dll!)
And i have some "libW11.dll" around, don't know from where this comes.
My libX11.dll is in /usr/X11R6/bin, so this is from the X11R6 from
cygwin.
If i add /usr/X11R6/bin to the path, i get the error that the socket can
not be connected to.

Do i have to deinstall X11R6?

I would like to test and to update the documentation, but i am clueless
on this.

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.lycos.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net