[winGRASS] Problem with r.in.gdal

Jerome jerome.caba at vanoise.com
Tue Jan 21 08:35:36 EST 2003

Hello,

First, sorry for my [very] bad english. I hope you can read my explains.

Second, I'm totally newbie with Grass :-)

I downloaded one landsat 5 scene from ESDI
(http://glcf.umiacs.umd.edu/index.shtml). This scene is made up of 7
images (tiff), 1 per captor, and 1 header file (format hdr). I want to
import each image in Grass and, after some list and Faq reads, I try
this command : r.in.gdal -e input=/home/scene.tif output=scene_nn1. When
I use this command, an error message occurs : "Segmentation Fault - Core
Dump". I tried to give a location too, but in vain.

Is there something wrong in my command ? Perhaps, i can import my
tif+hdr file with another command ?
In a french list (Grass-fr), somebody said to me that there was,
perhaps, a problem with Grass under Windows (
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/wingrass/2002-March/000653.html ), do you
have some more informations about this ?

Thanks in advance
Jerome Caba