[GRASS-windows] Supervised classification without i.class

Luis Lisboa luislisboa1975 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:01:36 EST 2009

Hello

I saw a few messages talking about i.class not being available to
WindowsGRASS.
Next January I will give a few classes of Remote Sensing in the University
and I was planning to use GRASS6.4 in the classes. One of the major modules
is Supervised Classification. Those classes will be taught using Windows OS.
According to GRASS book (I bought it :) ), I can perform supervised
radiometric classification using digitized training areas (i.class) (I) or
using auxiliary data (II).
About (I) I realized that i.class options are not available in Windows.
Besides i.class is there any alternative to have an interactive selection of
training areas?
About (II). Is it possible to use a ESRI shapefile with all areas as an
input and then converted to shapefile?

Another question/request is if there is any manual/tutorial explaining
classification procedure in GRASS6.4?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Luis Lisboa