[GRASS-windows] Creating Python scripts that call GRASS functionality from outside

Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe jinkabs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:20:33 PST 2012

Hi all,

I just installed GRASS 6.4.3svn and Python 2.7.3 in Windows 7. I need to
call GRASS functions from outside GRASS. I set the environment variables
given
in the grasswiki except:
GISRC= C:\Documents and settings\user\.grassrc6

Because i cannot find this .grassrc6 in the given path or in any other
path. However with other variables, i tried to use from grass.lib
importgrass in Python27 IDLE. Then it gives an error. I think the
variables are
not set correctly. Could somebody help me to sort this out?

Cheers, Brian.