[Ica-osgeo-labs] BOF in Portland: Some Ideas of certification

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Sep 24 08:45:47 PDT 2014

All,

I think there is a good case to be made for this coming under the “pay for items” from the OSGeo budget directly, at least partially.   Maintaining a skeletal set of teaching information and accreditation  packages should be coming under the OSGeo moniker in some form in order to give it a measure of validity, at least early on.  A couple of years down the road, this need can be re-examined, possible a separate organization could take on the responsibility.

Bobb