[Ica-osgeo-labs] Open Globe Land 30 m

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Sun Sep 28 05:47:58 PDT 2014

Dear friends
I want to let you know  that the Chinese Government donated to UN the Global (Wordwide) Land Coverage at 30 m of resolution (http://unstats.un.org/unsd/GlobeLand30.htm).
To this project ISPRS and particularly the President Chen Jun has been strongly working. The dataset (http://www.globallandcover.com/GLC30Download/index.aspx)  is freely available for any nation for the two years 2000 and 2010.
In my opinion this is an excellent product that we can use both for research and education. Thanks for providing it as open data!
Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

FOSS4G ASIA - Don't miss it!
http://www.foss4g-asia.org/2014/

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it