[Ica-osgeo-labs] [OSGeo-Discuss] Ideas/Inputs for expanding "Geo for All" to School education and more collaborations with Industry, Government etc

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 9 12:26:06 PDT 2015

Dear Libère,

"Geo for All" has already arrived in Burundi and will keep expanding to make sure geoeducation opportunities are available to all .   Our colleagues at The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) are our key link to Burundi and other countries in Africa . We hope over time dedicated labs will be established in many universities and schools across Africa including in Burundi .

RCMRD was established in Nairobi – Kenya in 1975 under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and the then Organization of African Unity (OAU), today African Union (AU). RCMRD is an inter-governmental organisation and currently has 20 Contracting Member States in the Eastern and Southern Africa Regions; Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somali, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Details at http://www.rcmrd.org/organization/

Please inform any universities , schools etc interested in "Geo for All "to join us. We welcome you.

Best wishes,

Suchith