[Ica-osgeo-labs] [OSGeo-Discuss] Ideas/Inputs for expanding "Geo for All" to School education and more collaborations with Industry, Government etc

Rania Elsayed ranyaalsayed at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 01:06:38 PDT 2015

Hello All,
National Authority for Remote Sensing & Space Sciences is a research
institute.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Libère,
>
> "Geo for All" has already arrived in Burundi and will keep expanding to
> make sure geoeducation opportunities are available to all .   Our
> colleagues at The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development
> (RCMRD) are our key link to Burundi and other countries in Africa . We hope
> over time dedicated labs will be established in many universities and
> schools across Africa including in Burundi .
>
> RCMRD was established in Nairobi – Kenya in 1975 under the auspices of the
> United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and the then
> Organization of African Unity (OAU), today African Union (AU). RCMRD is an
> inter-governmental organisation and currently has 20 Contracting Member
> States in the Eastern and Southern Africa Regions; Botswana, Burundi,
> Comoros, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda,
> Seychelles, Somali, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania,
> Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Details at http://www.rcmrd.org/organization/
>
> Please inform any universities , schools etc interested in "Geo for All
> "to join us. We welcome you.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

Thanks & Regards
Rania Elsayed Ibrahim, PhD. Computers & Information
Researcher,
Division of Scientific Training & Continuous Studies,
National Authority for Remote Sensing & Space Sciences, Cairo, Egypt.

*23, Joseph Tito St., Nozha El-Gedida, Cairo, Egypt.                  *

*P.O.Box: 1564 Alf-Maskan       *

*Tel:  (202) 26225832, 26251200      *
*Fax: (202) 26225832  *