[Incubator] Migration Issues

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:04:10 EST 2006

On 3/29/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > - what about mailing list archives: can they be migrated? The GRASS
> > archive starts in 1991, with major efforts we have reconstructed it
> > and want to maintain it as knowledge backbone and history (note that
> > it also documents license issues and contributions of the pre-CVS
> > times - so there is also a legal aspect in it).
>
> Good point.   I gather Paul has already addressed this in the wiki page.

I had already added it - now it's twice there. Parallel Wiki hacking :-)

> This is a sticking point for me too now that it has come up.

I have added another rather important point to the Incubation Progress:
* Estimated bandwidth usage

This should help to figure out the expected bandwith saturation...
E.g., see at bottom of
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GRASS_Incubation_Progress

Markus