[Incubator] Request for comments: Infrastructure migration assessment

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:01:15 EDT 2006

Thanks Jo and Tyler,
I feel you have summarised the situation well and hence only have minor
comments.

I think we should specify a criteria for selecting tools.
* The tool should not cause vendor lock in.
* If a project were to leave OSGeo, then they should be able to set up
and use all the tools without a license cost.
Ie. Ideally, the tools should be open source, but a "Free for Open
Source" licence is acceptable.
* Tools that use Open Standards will be used where possible.

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net