[Incubator] QGIS, deegree, other status

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Mar 16 21:48:10 EDT 2008

Dr. Markus Lupp wrote:
> Hi Frank and all,
>
> before I submitted deegree's application, I already talked to Markus
> Neteler and Jeroen Ticheler about the subject of mentorship. Both told
> me that they would be willing to act as mentors for deegree, but it
> seemed that Jeroen, being familiar with Java, would be the more obvious
> choice. Unfortunately, neither of them replied to my emails during the
> last days so I wonder if they are available right now. Perhaps anybody
> on this list knows more?

Markus,

Jeroen is currently gvSig mentor, and as such is not available for a
number mentorship till it graduates.  Markus is not currently a mentor
and so is in theory available if he is still interested.  I understand
he is currently in the middle of a move and may not be very available
for a few days, but when he is available again - if still interested -
we could proceed with him as mentor.