[Incubator] New application: rasdaman

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 13 07:07:59 EDT 2009

Jody Garnett wrote:
> I was not aware we had restricted the circle of potential mentor
> candidates to any great extent.

Jody,

My position (after the initial bootstrapping process) has been that mentors
should be someone with experience of the incubation process.  That is, someone
who has been a mentor in the past, or who has been a mentee (ie. project
representative to the incubation committee) or who at least has been
following the incubation mailing list for a while so they have some
understanding of our process, and expectations.

Of course, the truth is that if someone with good experience of how
open source projects work is willing to learn about our particular requirements
and is willing to act as a mentor I would no doubt consider them.