[Incubator] New Application: GeoToolkit

Adrian Custer acuster at gmail.com
Tue May 26 06:35:40 EDT 2009

Hello all,

After several attempts over these past few days, I cannot find any way
to answer Jody's emails elegantly so I will not rebut his points in
detail. If anyone is interested in any particular point he raises, I can
extract my understanding of those events as written in my earlier drafts
and send that out.

Jody's original email appears to me as a list of issues which have
struck him in recent times but wrapped as if coming on behalf of the
full community due to his position on the PMC and leaving an
unfortunately large room for innuendo. I am sure I can offer my own
interpretation of each of his points, why no 'decisions' were taken by
anyone on the community's behalf, why the JAXB fiasco can be interpreted
as a tale of intolerance or strategic blocking on one side and of
bending over backwards to accommodate the needs of others from the
other, and why Jody's attempt at concurrency stands as one of his
personal coding failures and his implicit imposition, for his own
profit, on the time and expertise of Martin. However, none of that
advances any of us, so I think it best to register the existence of my
alternative view and move on.

On the issue of the public accessibility of the GeoTools administration
list, Jody is absolutely right and I stand corrected; I have found the
archives on Sourceforge and they are indeed visible to all.

sincerely,

--adrian