[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Incubator] Defining the Marketing requirements for OSGeo Incubation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 04:03:38 EST 2010

On 06/11/10 13:38, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Jody Garnett wrote:
>> Bit confused here cameron.
>>
>> The incubation committee is focused to helping projects into the
>> foundation; the marketing committee needs to sort out what is
>> required to facilitate involvement with any promotional activities
>> OSGeo undertakes.
>>
>> So please don't respond to the incubation list; not really our cup of
>> tea.
>
> Jody,
>
> I believe Cameron is hoping the incubation committee is a good place to
> seek buy-in from the projects, and that we would make production of the
> desired artifacts a condition of graduation.
>
> It does seem Cameron set a wide net (discuss, marketing and incubation).
> I personally don't like cross-list discussions.
>
> Best regards,

Jody, as Frank notes I've endeavoured to notify all people likely to be
effected by marketing requirements for projects, and then focus
discussion on one list, and I picked incubation as I expect that most
people effected will be on this list.

I'm a little nervous that no one has questioned my marketing proposal.
Either everyone thinks it is a great idea, or people have not had a
chance to read through the proposed advanced incubation criteria and
then raise concerns.

I'd appreciate some review of the proposed Marketing requirements and
comment on whether I'm on track or not:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Artefacts

--
Cameron Shorter