[Incubator] GeoMajas Graduation Recommendation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 12 08:16:49 EDT 2010

Pieter De Graef wrote:
>  Thanks Frank,
>
> I'm very pleased to hear you say that.
> In regard to the PSC, I have been thinking about simply inviting someone
> with Open Source experience (from OSGeo?) to help out in determining the
> general direction....but I'm not sure yet if that's a good idea.

Pieter,

Well, with luck Paul might agree to stay on your mailing list and provide
some advice from time to time.  I'd suggest not actually adding someone
to your PSC who isn't fairly committed to your project.  But (in my
opinion) it would be good to have an outside serious user of your project
on the PSC to represent user community needs even if they aren't actually
a developer.

At some point, when there are more good outside candidates for the PSC
you might even having one or more inside folks step down to help
rebalance things.

The key, in my mind, is to eventually provide assurance to the contributor
and user community that the project is able to act in ways that are not
entirely tied to the business wishes of Geosparc.