[Incubator] [rasdaman-users] Re: Rasdaman as a 'Benevolent dictatorship' Project: was [rasdaman-dev] patch quality

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 2 06:16:34 PDT 2013

I'd like to correct the *fact* that contrary to what Susanne wrote (see
quoted msg below), the PostGIS PSC is not controlled by Refractions and
seems qute well balanced if you ask me. I am not sure where she got that
info or impression, but PostGIS would NOT (and I insist, *NOT*) have
passed incubation if it had been loaded with individuals from a single
organization (provenance from even just two or three orgs is considered
weak for a PSC).

The PostGIS steering committee is defined by PostGIS RFC 1:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/RFC/RFC-1

And the list of PSC members and their affiliation are:

* Mark Cave-Ayland, Independent(?) - http://www.ilande.co.uk/
* Chris Hodgson, Refractions
* Regina Obe, Paragon Corporation -
http://www.paragoncorporation.com/team.aspx
* Paul Ramsey (Chair), OpenGeo and Clever Elephant -
http://www.cleverelephant.ca/cv.html
* Sandro Santilli, Independent - http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

Best Regards

Daniel