[Incubator] [Board] osgeo labs - Maturity Rating

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 01:29:56 PDT 2014

Cameron, I do not like your (or marketing's) proposal - it seems to
me, it's too towards-incubation oriented. But it has some important
details. I also think, 4 and 5 should be merged.

I propose following version:

1 - Project has name, OSI license, header files are clean, can be in beta stage
2 - Project is stable, produces (or produced in the past) stable releases
3 - Project has Stable Software, a Stable community, is deployed in
production systems, and is ready to pass criteria to enter incubation,
as per:http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/evaluation.html
4 -  Project has passed osgeo incubation, it also includes bundled
software, regular builds, security updates, training, etc.

comments?

Jachym