[Incubator] [Board] Incubation <s>nightmare</s> question

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jan 27 19:21:28 PST 2015

On 2015-01-27 6:20 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> That is correct. Incubation is a subcommittee, when a project is ready
> to enter incubation (or graduate) we place an agenda item on the next
> board meeting.
>
> In this case Arnulf made a motion, which was not accepted due to lack of
> response from incubation committee members.

Hi Jody,

In the following email [1], you summarized the votes and it seems that
we have eight +1 votes in favor of istSOS entering incubation, is this
not enough to declare this motion passed and move this to the board,
etc? If not then how many do we need?

Daniel

P.S. According to [2], in the absence of other local rules, then the
default rule for OSGeo committees described in the Committee_Guidelines
doc [3] applies: "... at least two +1's, and no -1 vetos..." and "If a
motion isn't getting +1's from the majority of those present and voting
perhaps it requires further discussion.". Since the Incubation committee
is larger we could say that a minimum of two +1's is low and define a
higher threshold, but in the case of the istSOS motion we have eight +1
and all those who voted were positive so that should be considered
reasonable support, no?

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2015-January/002574.html
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2013-October/002290.html
[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Committee_Guidelines