[Incubator] PyWPS update

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 07:54:04 PDT 2016

Hi all: FYI update on PyWPS incubation: PyWPS has made much progress
in the last months (see [1]), with a few remaining tasks before bringing
the project forward.

As project mentor I'm looking for clarification/guidance on the following:

- our (8 year old) incubation process is rooted in PyWPS 3.  Since then
PyWPS 4 has been in development which includes a change in
license (the project is at the 4.0.0-rc2 stage). Are there any issues with
us continuing on the PyWPS 3 path for OSGeo Incubation? Note we have
kept on the PyWPS 3 path for incubation by design to be consistent with
our approved inbucation process, as well as relevant activities (PyWPS 3
is now a part of OSGeo-Live for example), and given PyWPS 4 is not
final, or mature for that matter

- transfer copyright to OSGeo: this is in discussion in [2].  If we did decide
to do this, when does this happen?  Before the provenance review? As part
of the Project Graduation Checklist?  Something else?

Clarification/guidance would be much appreciated at this point, given we are
just about to start the provenance review.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pywps-dev/2016-September/000889.html
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/84#issuecomment-189980128