[Incubator] Propose SLDEditor for incubation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 02:21:22 PDT 2016

Hi Ian,

I'm +1 for SLD Editor being registered as an OSGeo Community Project
(previously called OSGeo Labs):

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects

However, I'm -0 for SLD Editor being selected as an "OSGeo Project in
Graduation" yet as it implies a level of maturity that I don't think SLD
Editor has reached yet.

On 20/09/2016 6:29 PM, Ian Turton wrote:
> This proposal and the related ticket
> <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1782> have been around for a
> month now.
>
> Can I ask the incubation committee for a vote one way or the other please?
>
> We'd like to get started :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Ian
>
> On 24 August 2016 at 12:42, Ian Turton <ijturton at gmail.com
> <mailto:ijturton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've volunteered to mentor SLDEditor during the incubator process,
>     so I would like to move that the project be accepted for incubation.
>
>     SLDEditor (https://github.com/robward-scisys/sldeditor
>     <https://github.com/robward-scisys/sldeditor>) is Java desktop
>     application that allows the creation and editing of OGC Styled
>     Layer Descriptors. It is based on the GeoTools library and aims to
>     produce SLD that is standards compliant but also allows the user
>     to make use of the GeoServer vendor options if required.
>
>     There has been some previous discussion about the project on this
>     list
>     (https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail//incubator/2016-June/003096.html
>     <https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail//incubator/2016-June/003096.html>).
>

>     Thanks