[Incubator] Considering Portable GIS as an OSGeo community project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:02:00 PDT 2017

We actually found that adding the license headers is not strictly required
these days - but wise so people do not accidentally copy things without
knowing what license is around. But there is no legal need to have the
header with a constantly updated copyright etc...

For more information see here:
- GeoTools: GeoTools Header Policy Updated
<https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj_wv6BnpPWAhUS82MKHZrPC5EQFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgeotoolsnews.blogspot.com%2F2016%2F06%2Fgeotools-header-policy-updated.html&usg=AFQjCNHWd3sOZ_u5dEyw7-5B_VOrLzg8DA>

We actually had to go to osgeo legal council and figure that stuff out,
apparently all our header maintenance traditions predate a treaty and are
left over from the 80s.