[Incubator] [Geo4All] OSGeo Annual General Meeting - committees please join and report (August 30 2018)

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:13:14 PDT 2018

Hi Jody,

It may be worth flagging the need to work through what we consider an appropriate open source project to be. Though I expect that it may be difficult to achieve agreement on a suitable definition.

The recent discussion on including a single web site focussed on a narrow theme as a community project has prompted this.

I’m still uncomfortable in including this particular project, as I’m finding it difficult to see how it could be reused for other uses as it is currently structured.

It may be a different situation if the software was abstracted to be something more generic with a specific purpose.

Cheers,

Bruce