[Incubator] Uber kepler.gl Applying to Join OSGeo as A Community Project

Ziyi Li zli51 at ext.uber.com
Thu Aug 9 11:34:25 PDT 2018

Dear OSGeo Incubation Committee,

We would like to submit our open source project kepler.gl to be considered
for becoming a Community Project in OSGeo. Kepler.gl is a powerful
geospatial analysis tool for large-scale data sets, open sourced by Uber
Visualization <http://vis.gl/> team. It empowers people to create neat and
insightful geo visualizations with little coding needed. You can find more
details on our project website <http://kepler.gl/#/>.

Since its opening up to the public, we're seeing a ton of traction from
various industries and it just got featured on FastCompany here
<https://www.fastcompany.com/90177575/anyone-can-use-ubers-new-map-making-tool>.
To bring the development of kepler.gl to the next level, we would really
appreciate your help in integrating it into the international OS GIS
community.

Feel free to let us know if there is any question.

Sincerely,
kepler.gl Working Group