[Incubator] recognizing projects that are not incubating

Aarnio Timo (MML) timo.aarnio at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon May 27 08:39:10 PDT 2019

Dear Jody and Incubator-list,

Indeed, we’re still very interested in graduating as full members. Last time we had communications (On 24/8/18 12:46 am ) left us a bit waiting for answers to our questions, the most important probably being:

“What kind of concrete indicators would you like to see [that we have ‘an open community and communication’]? What could be a good goal?”

I.e. what could we do as a community in order for it to be more open? One thing contributing to that comes to mind (from the top of my head): We’ve since changed from Slack to the open-for-everyone-without-invitations Gitter (https://gitter.im/oskariorg/chat). AFAIK Gitter stores chat history indefinitely, which is a good thing. The PSC-memos are on GitHub and some of the discussion is on the mailing list.

As for the graduation checklist, unfortunately I can’t find information where it should be filled. The website https://www.osgeo.org/resources/project-graduation-checklist/ has a downloadable PDF which is probably the one that should be filled?

Most of the information required is probably already here https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oskari_Incubation_Status but we’d be happy to fill the new one.

So, can you please point us to a list we can fill? Do we send it back to this list then?

Many thanks in advance!

- Timo