[Incubator] Initiating the process for R-Spatial to become an OSGeo community project - Update

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 02:50:16 PDT 2022

Hi Incubator list,

It seems as though the application process for R-Spatial seems to have
become stuck, and I would like to see if I can progress this. Having
just joined the list, I'd don't have the archive easily accessible, but
I believe the most recent message was from Aug 2021:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2021-August/004402.html.

It seems as though the recommendation was ready to go to the OSGeo
board. Is this correct?

If not, where are we in the process and what is the next step?

I know @edzer had started filling out the details but got tied up with
access to the CMS (see https://github.com/r-spatial/discuss/issues/44
for details).

I am at FOSS4G in Florence, and happy to attend the AGM. If anyone wants
to come and have a chat, please do come and find me!

Best wishes,
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.