[Incubator] Initiating the process for R-Spatial to become an OSGeo community project - Update

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 04:15:14 PDT 2022

Hi Jody,

Thanks very much - yes, that was my understanding, we were just waiting
on the osgeo website page, which is now up. Thanks very much for your
help with this in helping me understand who I needed to talk to.

Thanks for the details - I will have a look at the requirements and see
about a code of conduct.

Best wishes,
Nick.

On 8/30/22 12:05, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Hey Nick, I saw on Twitter it being anointed r-spatial as a community
> project.  I think the process was just waiting on osgeo website page?
>
> Since that is now ready a member of the incubation committee can
> review your request and make a motion etc…
>
> One requirement added recently was for community projects to have a
> code of conduct in place.
>
> Jody
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 11:58 Nick Bearman
> <nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Hi Incubator list,
>
>     It seems as though the application process for R-Spatial seems to
>     have
>     become stuck, and I would like to see if I can progress this. Having
>     just joined the list, I'd don't have the archive easily
>     accessible, but
>     I believe the most recent message was from Aug 2021:
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2021-August/004402.html.
>
>     It seems as though the recommendation was ready to go to the OSGeo
>     board. Is this correct?
>
>     If not, where are we in the process and what is the next step?
>
>     I know @edzer had started filling out the details but got tied up
>     with
>     access to the CMS (see https://github.com/r-spatial/discuss/issues/44
>     for details).
>
>     I am at FOSS4G in Florence, and happy to attend the AGM. If anyone
>     wants
>     to come and have a chat, please do come and find me!
>
>     Best wishes,
>     Nick.
>
>     --
>     Nick Bearman
>     +44 (0) 7717745715
>     nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
>
>     Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me
>     outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure
>     to respond outside of your own working pattern.

Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk