[Incubator] MovingPandas step 1

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:22:01 PDT 2024

 Oh thanks! Found it
https://www.osgeo.org/?post_type=project&p=25667&preview=true

Feedback:

   - Fun action button, very actiony
   - For banner picture do you have people in your team you can share? The
   message of the website is that open source (like Soylent Green) is made of
   people
   - Can we go for a blurb or something for the "header"? It is what is
   shown in the project list also ..
      - I added "Python library for movement trajectory data exploration
      and analysis" from your meta description just to have something
   - Content
      - Looks good!
   - Image:
      - If you would like to have a nice sidebar showing the app there is a
      laptop border here
      <https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/photos>
      (You existing screen snap in content would be nice)
   - License: filled that in
   - Some of the projects category and license stuff is missing or not
   filled in yet
      - The categories are important for getting into the mega menu
      correctly, and for showing up in the choose a project
      <https://www.osgeo.org/choose-a-project/>
         - Project Types: Geospatial Library
         - Topic: oh I see you have only selected one topic at each level...
            - I updated "Development/Libraries"
         - Level 1: Development
         - Level 2: Library
      - Core contributors?
      - Any organizations to be listed here?
   - Social media: https://fosstodon.org/@movingpandas but no mastadon for
   osgeo website (would love to see that fixed)
   - End user resources lots!
   - Developer resources: added your GitHub repo, but you may have more to
   share?

Have a look and we can publish when ready