[Liblas-devel] problem with reinstalling liblas in Python

Andrej Kobler andrej.kobler at gozdis.si
Tue Sep 20 05:27:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a problem with reinstalling liblas in Python and any help would be
much appreciated.

Since I know next to nothing about compilers, the recipe how to install
liblas with Python (http://liblas.org/osgeo4w.html) was a life-saver for me.
However I somehow succeeded in ruining my liblas installation and I am
unable to recreate it, even by following the exact same steps as the first
time. Short description of the situation:

1.	In MS Windows XP I installed liblas on top of Pythonxy environment
(http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/) following the recipe. At this point
liblas worked perfectly with Python.
2.	Due to some unrelated problems I had to remove Python (using Windows
/ Add and remove programs). Unfortunately, after reinstalling Python and
then executing liblas command from OSGeo4W shell, Python could not find
liblas, reporting ImportError: No module named liblas.
3.	I got the same response from Python even after downloading and
running the OSGeo4W installer again.

Kind regards and big thanks for your help,

Andrej

Dr. Andrej Kobler

Slovenian Forestry Institute

Večna pot 2, SI - 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Phone +386 1 2007835