[Liblas-devel] premature eof found

Helimap Postmaster postmaster at helimap.ch
Fri Apr 8 03:12:47 PDT 2016

Hello Mateusz,

Oh that's sad...

liblas is on the ubuntu repositories which is a point in favor and it is
also used in many applications like cloudcompare, which means there are a
lot of examples and use cases.

pdal is a bit overkill if I only want las I/O. I've fiddled with it a
little bit. It is a superb framework, but isn't it too much if I just want
to read and write a las cloud to/from a buffer? Also, there aren't that
many c++ examples for I/O and there's no way to read into a container, I
would have to develop a pointtable myself and I won't have the time to get
deep in it unfortunately...

I've also tried LASlib. Their code is obscure and the licensing more
obscure.

Well, maybe I should give pdal another try...