[Liblas-devel] premature eof found

Helimap Postmaster postmaster at helimap.ch
Fri Apr 8 03:33:45 PDT 2016

Hello Martin,

I was maybe misquoting the article Mateusz linked, sorry for that.

About the code, I find obscure that the variables in LASpoint are public
but you have setters. I can change have_rgb but the point will still not
'have' rgb. I am also worried about the performance issue of creating
points for writing. In my use case I change the point type from xyz to
xyzrgb and apparently that means I have to init a new point. Otherwise it
doesn't have the writer.

I'm concerned because the init does clean the point and then it re-writes
it. When dealing with trillions of points... I couldn't find how to
'change' a xyz point type to rgb.

I would suggest also having defines or const ints with the point types, I
couldn't find them.

Is there a way to do it that I am missing?

Other than that, LASlib was the one that most suited my needs and played
nice with windows.

Cheers,

Pol

ps. there's a thread I've posted in the lastools list about this, entitled *set
rgb with laslib*