[Live-demo] Should we hand out OSGeo-Live on USBs at FOSS4G?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Aug 12 18:16:52 EDT 2010

Daniel,
Determining who gets a USB stick is not a matter of money, but rather
the level of testing and a high level confidence from us that the USB
will work for every person we give it to.

If we can get 30+ test cases of the USB stick working without issue,
across a wide variety of computer hardware, we give the go ahead to use
a USB. Otherwise we will stick with the safe option of a DVD (which is
my preference).

On 13/08/10 07:30, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> Hi Cameron and Oscar,
>
> It would be nice if workshop participants could get a Live USB stick
> as well if we just get 10+ test results.
> I think it's not only the pgRouting workshop that will make use of the
> LiveDVD (USB) for the workshop. With a USB version participants could
> save their work on the stick and take it home.
>
> Daniel
>

> --
> Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
> eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de <mailto:daniel.kastl at georepublic.de>
> Web: http://georepublic.de
>

> 2010/8/13 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
> <mailto:cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com>>
>
>     Oscar,
>
>     I've put together a draft press release, which I propose we send
>     out within 12 hours, stating that we will need 30 people to test
>     the USB version of OSGeo-Live if we are to hand out OSGeo-Live on
>     a USB at FOSS4G. (otherwise we revert back to the very stable DVD).
>
>     Can you please review, and comment as to whether this press
>     release aligns with your desires.
>
>     http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_9
>
>     --
>     Cameron Shorter
>     Geospatial Director
>     Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
>     Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>
>     Think Globally, Fix Locally
>     Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
>     http://www.lisasoft.com

Geospatial Director