[Live-demo] Desktop enviorment

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Apr 23 18:58:38 PDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 06:54 PM, Srivani Kommareddy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have installed alternative desktop cinnamon in addition to existing xfce in OSGEO live virtual machine.
>
> At
>   login screen it is showing xfce and cinnamon installed but when I tried
>   to login using cinnamon desktop it wont and returns back tologin splash
>   screen.
>
> What additional configurations needed to be done to make it work?
>
> My
>   question  is does osgeo support multiple desktop environments if so
> will it all  Geo applications seamlessly  integrate into new desktop
> environment.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Reddy

Anything that works with Ubuntu should work. There might be some quirks
around permissions and the only integration that might be missing is
desktop icons and menu items. If you switch to Virtual Terminal 1 and
login, take a look at the syslog and see if you find the errors.

We do not actively support additional desktops. If you want to go that
far we suggest installing your favorite Ubuntu flavor and using our
scripts to help you install the applications you want.

Thanks,
Alex